Here are a number of links and resorces relevant to thinking about PER involvement with NGSS. Please pass onto Scott Bonham additional resources you belive valuable.
- Next Generation Science Standards
- Web site for the NGSS development effort. Information about states, process, and public drafts will be available here.
- Common Core Standards
- Common Core standards for Mathematics and Literacy. Can get the standards themselves here, along with adopting states, etc.
- A Framework for K-12 Science Education
- Final report of the NRC panel that provides the framework/vision for NGSS. You can buy a hard copy, or for free read on line or download a free PDF of it.
- College Ready Physics Standards
- Document by Pat Heller and Gay Stewart providing standards and learning progressions in physics.
- ACT National Curriculum Survey
- Report by ACT from survey of middle school, high school, and college level instructors. Among other things, reveals a large gap between perceptions of high school teachers and college instructors as to what it means for students to be college ready in science and other subjects.
- Next Generation Science Standards and the Physics Education Research Community (95kb .pdf)
- Paper writen by Scott Bonham for the PERC NGSS roundtable discussion